On Fri, 12 Jan 2024 14:11:14 GMT, Lukasz Kostyra <lkost...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Originally this issue showed the problem of Node being incorrectly rendered
> (clipped) when snapshotting, compared to a snapshot of the whole Scene. Later
> on there was another problem added - lights not being taken into account if
> they are added to a SubScene.
>
> As it later turned out, the original problem from this bug report is a
> problem with ParallelCamera incorrectly estimating near/far clipping planes,
> which just happened to reveal itself while snapshotting a Node. During
> testing I found out you can make the Node clip regardless of snapshot
> mechanism. Clipping issue was moved to a separate bug report and this PR only
> fixes the inconsistency in lights being gathered for a snapshot.
>
> `Scene.doSnapshot()` was expanded to also check if SubScene provided to it is
> non-null and to fetch lights assigned to it. Scenario was tested with added
> SnapshotLightsTest.
>
> Rest of the tests were checked and don't produce any noticeable regressions.

modules/javafx.graphics/src/main/java/javafx/scene/Scene.java line 1364:

> 1362:         // Grab the lights from the scene and/or subscene
> 1363:         context.lights = null;
> 1364:         int totalLightCount = 0;

Here's a suggestion: you might be able to replace all of the new code,
including the `accumulateLightsForSnapshot` method, with the following shorter
code:

Stream<NGLightBase> lights = Stream.concat(
    Optional.ofNullable(scene).stream().flatMap(s ->
s.lights.stream()).map(LightBase::getPeer),
    Optional.ofNullable(subScene).stream().flatMap(s ->
s.getLights().stream()).map(LightBase::getPeer));

context.lights = lights.toArray(NGLightBase[]::new);

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1332#discussion_r1452752285