On Fri, 9 Feb 2024 17:19:06 GMT, Andy Goryachev <ango...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> tests/system/src/test/java/test/robot/javafx/scene/TransparentLCDTest.java
>> line 172:
>>
>>> 170:     @AfterAll
>>> 171:     public static void doTeardownOnce() {
>>> 172:         Util.shutdown();
>>
>> I am sorry, Kevin, you just walked into a trap carefully laid by me before.
>> Util.shutdown() needs a Stage argument, otherwise it does nothing.
>> Perhaps we could change the impl. to shutdown all the stages regardless
>> instead of passing an array of them.
>>
>> And, of course, there is more than one place where we do it.  Good job, me!
>
> We can leave this code as is and fix it during the test sprint...  I'll file
> a bug.
>
> edit: Created
> [JDK-8325566](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8325566)
> [TestBug] Util.shutdown() to hide ALL the scenes
>
> I am so embarrassed.

One could argue that the method is fine as it is. It will first hide the stages
that are passed in (possibly zero of them), and then shutdown the platform. I
guess I don't see the problem.

Note that by the time this method is called, there are no visible stages.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1361#discussion_r1484701223