On Fri, 9 Feb 2024 19:07:53 GMT, Andy Goryachev <ango...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> One could argue that the method is fine as it is. It will first hide the
>> stages that are passed in (possibly zero of them), and then shutdown the
>> platform. I guess I don't see the problem.
>>
>> Note that by the time this method is called, there are no visible stages.
>
> I guess the reason for explicit hiding() of the stages passed to it was done
> for the sake of headless tests?

It's not really a headless vs headful distinction (the system tests are all
headful). It's just that some tests have a global (static) Stage that should be
hidden at shutdown time. Others, like the test in this PR, create, hide, and
show a Stage in each test instance. Both are valid use cases.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1361#discussion_r1484712786