On Thu, 24 Sep 2026 08:38:42 GMT, Christopher Schnick <[email protected]> 
wrote:

> This enables the important few print statements by default. Printing directly 
> to stderr isn't a good design, but the class already does this anyway while 
> omitting the important info on failures.
> 
> I used this post as a motivation: 
> https://www.reddit.com/r/javahelp/comments/1w5bqky/jpackage_is_not_working/
> 
> For reproduction, I ran a simple JavaFX application using the SDK libs and 
> renamed a few of them until the dynamic lib loader failed and the pipelines 
> failed.
> 
> ---------
> - [x] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the [OpenJDK 
> Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai).

This pull request has now been integrated.

Changeset: d46e6092
Author:    Christopher Schnick <[email protected]>
Committer: Marius Hanl <[email protected]>
URL:       
https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/commit/d46e6092ae48c7efa331c3f2b53878ee2bf09057
Stats:     13 lines in 2 files changed: 1 ins; 5 del; 7 mod

8392970: GraphicsPipeline does not print root failure causes without verbose 
option

Reviewed-by: mhanl, angorya, kcr

-------------

PR: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/2322

Reply via email to