On Thu, 24 Sep 2026 08:38:42 GMT, Christopher Schnick <[email protected]> 
wrote:

> This enables the important few print statements by default. Printing directly 
> to stderr isn't a good design, but the class already does this anyway while 
> omitting the important info on failures.
> 
> I used this post as a motivation: 
> https://www.reddit.com/r/javahelp/comments/1w5bqky/jpackage_is_not_working/
> 
> For reproduction, I ran a simple JavaFX application using the SDK libs and 
> renamed a few of them until the dynamic lib loader failed and the pipelines 
> failed.
> 
> ---------
> - [x] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the [OpenJDK 
> Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai).

+1 from me. This is the error I also got very often when trying out GraalVM and 
the exception details and the `-Dprism.verbose=true` hint is a good idea.

Curious about opinions from the others.

modules/javafx.graphics/src/main/java/com/sun/prism/GraphicsPipeline.java line 
250:

> 248:             } catch (Throwable t) {
> 249:                 System.err.println("GraphicsPipeline.createPipeline " +
> 250:                                    "failed for " + className);

While here:

Suggestion:

                System.err.println("GraphicsPipeline.createPipeline failed for 
" + className);

-------------

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/2322#pullrequestreview-5303079462
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/2322#discussion_r4092496468

Reply via email to