On Fri, 25 Sep 2026 14:54:24 GMT, Christopher Schnick <[email protected]> 
wrote:

>> This enables the important few print statements by default. Printing 
>> directly to stderr isn't a good design, but the class already does this 
>> anyway while omitting the important info on failures.
>> 
>> I used this post as a motivation: 
>> https://www.reddit.com/r/javahelp/comments/1w5bqky/jpackage_is_not_working/
>> 
>> For reproduction, I ran a simple JavaFX application using the SDK libs and 
>> renamed a few of them until the dynamic lib loader failed and the pipelines 
>> failed.
>> 
>> ---------
>> - [x] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the 
>> [OpenJDK Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai).
>
> Christopher Schnick has updated the pull request incrementally with one 
> additional commit since the last revision:
> 
>   Make error messages more consistent

Looks good to me.
Will wait with the approval, in case @kevinrushforth wants to have a look as 
well.

modules/javafx.graphics/src/main/java/com/sun/prism/GraphicsPipeline.java line 
253:

> 251:             }
> 252:         }
> 253:         StringBuffer sBuf = new StringBuffer("Prism graphics pipeline 
> initialization failed for :  ");

Minor, preexisting: Could be a `StringBuilder`

-------------

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/2322#pullrequestreview-5325970507
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/2322#discussion_r4111429994

Reply via email to