On Oct 7, 9:52 am, "Holger Rabbach (ICT)" <holger.rabb...@om.org>
wrote:
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> Sounds good - screensharing and recording are not of high importance at this
> point, so I can live without them until this is fixed. I'll keep an eye open
> for the guide to be published. Thanks for your quick response.
>
> Holger

I did a lot of work a while back using RTMPS with Openmeetings and it
works well. Sounds like you have the Red5 side set up. In order to get
native SSL RTMPS to work with Openmeetings you have to checkout and
download the source and add the following bit of code to the following
file: WebContent\openmeetings\base\remote\rtmpConnection.lzx

           this._nc = new NetConnection();

            // local reference to rtmpconnection
            this._nc.t = this;

            this._nc.proxyType = "best";    --This is the line that
you have to add

After you add this line and build the app using the instructions on
the build page, RTMPS will work.

In short, this line is necessary to tell the Flash player to try
native SSL first before trying to go through other methods.

I have successfully used native SSL RTMPS using openmeetings with
Windows, Mac, and Linux clients. It sounds like you have your keystore
set up so this should be all you need.

I have been able to use the screensharer while using RTMPS but had to
hard code the port in the source to use my RTMP port. So the
screensharer has not been encrypted. I have recently been trying to
build an RTMPS screensharer but have not been sucessful yet. I am
looking forward to the guide mentioned as this should help with this
quite a bit. I hope this is helpful.