On Oct 10, 9:37 am, "seba.wag...@gmail.com" <seba.wag...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hallo Holger,
>
> as Nexus did explain, he was using NATIVE SSL not RTMPS.
> Also it does require to change source code and recompile that client.
>
> Our guide will be quite similar to what Nexus has done.
>
> Sebastian
>
> 2011/10/10 Holger Rabbach (ICT) <holger.rabb...@om.org>
>

> > PS: I also tried running red5 RTMPS on port 443 instead of 8443, just to be
> > sure that's not the problem...

Sebastian is correct. I have been using native SSL rather than RTMP
tunneled over HTTPS. I downloaded a new copy of the source last week,
I believe it was r4355 and didn't have any problems. I plan on
downloading 1.8.4 later this week and will let you know, but it sounds
like maybe there is an issue somewhere in your red5 configuration.
Also, it is very important to access your application by the dns name
that you registered your cert by. Native SSL will not work by IP if
you registered your cert to openmeetings.org for example. You may also
have to put in the path to your keystore in your red5.sh or red5.bat.
For example, if you were running a linux server and red5 was installed
in the /tomcat/red5 directory and the keystore was in the conf
directory of red 5 you could put the following in red5.sh in the
JAVA_OPTS section:

$JAVA_OPTS -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore=/tomcat/red5/conf/keystore

Also, make sure to check you logs to make sure that the RTMPS context
is loading. For example, you should see things like this somewhere in
your logs if you are running RTMPS traffice over 8443 :

2011-10-10 8:18:20,839 [main] INFO  o.r.s.net.rtmp.RTMPMinaTransport -
RTMP Mina Transport bound to /0.0.0.0:8443
2011-10-10 8:18:23,099 [main] INFO
o.r.server.tomcat.rtmps.RTMPSLoader - Loading RTMPS context
2011-10-10 8:18:23,150 [main] INFO
o.r.server.tomcat.rtmps.RTMPSLoader - Connector info:
org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector/2.1
2011-10-10 8:18:23,258 [main] INFO
o.r.server.tomcat.rtmps.RTMPSLoader - Starting RTMPS engine