Freddie Chopin wrote:
> > However, I would expect Debian (and other distro) people would be a
> > bit unhappy about FTBFS on some platforms (namely ARM), what is the
> > plan about it?
>
> The patches you posted were just a bit too late

I could not disagree more with Freddie. I think OpenOCD uses a
completely broken release process, and no, anything is *not* better
than nothing. "Freezing" development is nonsense.

Failure to build is a serious problem with the code and should be
fixed quickly in some way, even if by revert, before a release.

I don't think it's a great accomplishment that OpenOCD has knowingly
released broken code. But sadly I'm not the least bit surprised.

//Peter