Thanks Tom!

I have a few questions about coding style / acceptable changes in OpenOCD.

1. It would be super super useful if struct target had a void *driver_priv
member, like struct flash_bank.   The target detection code in kinetis.c is
a bit scattered currently, and it stores target-specific stuff like the
SIM_SDID register value using flash_bank.driver_priv (struct
kinetis_flash_bank).  This is manageable when only targetting K and L
devices, but E devices have a very different register layout, so there's a
lot of redundant probing without anywhere to cache it.  Would it be OK if I
added a void *driver_priv to struct target?

2. Is it OK to create helper functions for things that currently have a lot
of boilerplate code?  For example, allocating a work area, copying in code,
initializing r0/r1/r2, and executing the code.

3. I've written a Python script that will run a C file declaring a naked
function through arm-none-eabi-gcc to generate an assembly listing, then
extract the opcodes and output them as a C file that defines a static const
uint8_t[] array, like kinetis_flash_write_code in kinetis.c.  Where would
be the best place to put this?  Should I cut and paste the code into
kinetis.c (following existing convention) or #include it from elsewhere?

Thanks!
Phil

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 11:30 PM, Tomas Vanek <tom_...@users.sourceforge.net