Hello,

On Wed, May 01, 2019 at 09:12:09PM -0000, Tim Smith wrote:
> We have a debugger that supports halt() , step() and go() high level run
> control
> commands. We wanted to add ARM run control support utilizing OpenOCD.
> Wondering
> if OpenOCD has north bound API's or pinch points for our C++ debugger API to
> wire into, to make the same halt, go and step commands to work seemlessly with
> ARM processor via OpenOCD?

It's usually assumed that one runs OpenOCD as a separate process and
controls it with RPC API via a TCP socket, is this not something
suitable for your purposes?

Another way for your debugger would be to interface to GDB (via
GDB/MI) and this way you get support for everything GDB supports
(including remote gdbserver instances, ROM monitors with support for
GDB serial protocol and all the other implementors of it, including
OpenOCD).

mailto:fercer...@gmail.com

---

** [tickets:#235] Communicating with OpenOCD's north bound API's?**

**Status:** new
**Milestone:** 0.9.0
**Created:** Wed May 01, 2019 09:12 PM UTC by Tim Smith
**Last Updated:** Wed May 01, 2019 09:12 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

Hi,
We have a debugger that supports halt() , step() and go()  high level run
control commands. We wanted to add ARM run control support utilizing OpenOCD.
Wondering if OpenOCD has north bound API's or pinch points for our C++ debugger
API to wire into, to make the same halt, go and step commands to work
seemlessly with ARM processor via OpenOCD?

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because openocd-devel@lists.sourceforge.net is
subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/openocd/tickets/

To unsubscribe from further messages, a project admin can change settings at
https://sourceforge.net/p/openocd/admin/tickets/options.  Or, if this is a
mailing list, you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.