Hi @Liviu Ionescu,

> The scripts have lots of configuration environment
> variables, if you want to build a more recent version,
> you need to tweak them.
> [..]

Uh oh...
I have not even the foggiest idea how to "tweak" your
build scripts.
To be honest, I was hoping to simply run the build script
and watch the OpenOCD Windows binaries showing up magically :-)
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be that simple.

> However please note that the scripts are not specific
> for generating production binaries, which have certain
> requirements, and are less suitable for experimenting
> with builds.

When I'm "experimenting with a build" this is what I do:
I connect the microcontroller and the probe. Then I start
OpenOCD and feed it with the right config files. If OpenOCD
connects to the chip and is able to flash a firmware, I
consider the experiment to be successful.
So for this kind of "experiments", a "production binary" is
perfectly fine. I don't need a "debug binary".

Many thanks for your help :-)