Steve Franks wrote:
> I have code lying around for read/write of 'standard' SPI & I2C
> eeproms (at24Cxyz [i2c] and at25Cxyz [spi]).  The interface is a
> separate file from the protocol, so it should be applicable.  It's up
> for grabs if someone goes down this road.  All the 8-bit guys have
> internal eeprom, and we (arm7/9) don't, so it seems a good match, I've
> been putting eeproms on my pcb's for some time now, even though they
> only see very occasional use.

Actually, more and more 'big chips" boot from spi flash into SDRAM.. it
is cheaper, smaller, etc... most do not execute in place - speed reasons.

Example: ADI Blackfin (BF534), ATMEL (newer) AT91SAM9G20, there are many
others.

So - being able to *flash* the SPI BOOT flash.... would be very helpful.

-Duane.