On Sun, Mar 08, 2009 at 04:27:23PM +0100, Freddie Chopin wrote:
> ok than, i think i know what the problem is. on the 'full RLink' the
> SRST signal is driven by two lines of ST7 - PA5 and PB5. on Primer1 PA5
> is left unconnected nad PB5 is tied to PA3, which - on real RLink - is RTCK.

Weird.  I think I might be able (using PB5 for feedback) to figure out
whether the adapter is a standalone RLink or a Primer and change the
initialization and reset code to do the right thing.  So far, I haven't
figured out how to do that without spuriously asserting SRST as a side
effect of the test.

The schematic for the Primer2 agrees with what you said about PA5
connecting to PB5.  Maybe somebody made an error with the Primer1 and
just went with it.  I could guess all day, but it would do little good.
The Primer2, since it uses SWD and not JTAG, tells us nothing about
RTCK.

So, to say the same thing a different way; on Primer1, PA3 is SRST and
PA5 is NC.  On a standalone RLink, PA3 is RTCK and PA5 is SRST.  In either
case, PB5 is connected to SRST.  Is all of that correct?

If there is no way to test which PA pin is SRST without spuriously
asserting SRST, I'll need another way of making the identification.
Maybe the serial code will help.  My Primer1 has "dngWNYe" followed by 8
numeric digits.  It could be that those 7 characters contain information
about the dongle, and might tell us which line SRST is supposed to be.
Either that, or it's an opaque string which means nothing other than
it's an RLink, which would be of no help for this.

The rlink driver in OpenOCD doesn't currently provide for printing the
serial code, but I can certainly add something to print it when
debugging output is requested.  Windows users can, of course, use RIDE
(or its underlying tools) to get it.  So if you or someone else can
reply with the serial for one or more standalone RLinks, that might be
helpful.

Further, since the Primer2 seems to have similar SRST wiring to the
standalone RLink, I'd like to see a serial from one of those as well if
any of your are in a position to be able to provide it.

I'd hate to have the type of RLink (Primer1 or standalone) be something
that has to be specified in a config file.  I'd rather be able to autodetect.

> i've got the full schematic, but it needs some arranging, cleaning and
> other stuff, so it will be 100% ready in the evening. in the meantime -
> will that be illegal to post that on the list? (; maybe i should send it
> just to Lou, not to the whole list?

However it ends up getting to me, I look forward to seeing it.