On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 11:28:30PM +0100, Freddie Chopin wrote:
> lou.openocd...@fixit.nospammail.net pisze:
> > Freddie (and/or anybody else who is interested in this): Please test the
> > attached patch against svn trunk and see if it works properly with an RLink.
>
> for now I can test only with Primer1, so here it goes.
>
> 1. openocd compiles fine
> 2. openocd starts fine and finds Primer
> 3. after gdb attaches, there are some warnings, that were not there in
> 0.1.0:

Even though it was created against the trunk, the patch ought to apply
against 0.1.0, should you wish to try that.  I haven't tried that,
however.  It only touches two files, both of them are used only by the
rlink driver, and I haven't made any changes to that since 0.1.0.

> Info : accepting 'gdb' connection from 0
> Warn : target was in unknown state when halt was requested
> Warn : acknowledgment received, but no packet pending
> Info : device id = 0x20016410
> Info : flash size = 128kbytes
> Info : JTAG tap: stm32.cpu tap/device found: 0x3ba00477 (Manufacturer:
> 0x23b, Part: 0xba00, Version: 0x3)
> Info : JTAG Tap/device matched
> Info : JTAG tap: stm32.bs tap/device found: 0x16410041 (Manufacturer:
> 0x020, Part: 0x6410, Version: 0x1)
> Info : JTAG Tap/device matched
> target state: halted
> Warn : negative reply, retrying
> target halted due to debug-request, current mode: Thread
> xPSR: 0x01000000 pc: 0x08000394
> Warn : negative reply, retrying
> Warn : acknowledgment received, but no packet pending

If anybody would care to explain to me what, exactly, these warnings mean,
and what, if anything, I could be doing wrong in the rlink driver to cause
them, I welcome such assistance.

> 4. debugging some sample code works fine.

Good.  I assume that means that I haven't broken trst or srst further
than either was already broken.