I've sent you the sch, if the list wants, I can post that here too.

lou.openocd...@fixit.nospammail.net pisze:
> Weird.  I think I might be able (using PB5 for feedback) to figure out
> whether the adapter is a standalone RLink or a Primer and change the
> initialization and reset code to do the right thing.  So far, I haven't
> figured out how to do that without spuriously asserting SRST as a side
> effect of the test.

well, there are more differences than just the SRST - I only mentioned
that because that is the main problem in the operation of "real RLink".
All differences associated with ST7 chip are:

1. On primer PD3 has a 1M pullup, on RLink PD3 is N/C
2. On RLink PD1 drives RUN LED, on Primer PD1 is N/C
3. On RLink PD6 is tied to PC6 and PD7 is tied with PC7, and those lines
are used to control 12V VPP for different devices, PD7/PC7 line has a
4k7 pullup, on Primer all of those are N/C
4. On RLink PF0 drives an unknown line with 4k7 pullup (tied with PE7
and PA2), Primer - all N/C
5. On RLink PF3 is used to measure 12V (probably shut down normally),
through a 330k/100k divider (is that the right word?), Primer - N/C
6. On RLink PF5, PB4 and PA4 are DBGRQ and PF6, PB7 and PA7 - DBGACK,
both lines with 4k7 pullup, on Primer PF5 and PF6 are used for ST7
programming, but normally are N/C without pullups, none of them are tied
together on Primer
7. On RLink the OSCOUT pin is connected to OSCIN through a ~50R
resistor, on Primer - N/C
9. On RLink PA3 and PB3 are RTCK (4k7 pullup), on Primer PA3 is tied to
SRST, and PB3 is N/C
11. On Rlink PA5 and PB5 are SRST, on Primer PA5 is N/C, PB5 tied to PA3
12. On RLink PA6 drives an unknown line (tied with PB6) (4k7 pullup), on
Primer - both N/C

if the driver allows you to toggle any line, you don't have to check the
SRST line, as there are many other lines tied together - toggling PC7
and testing PD7 (they are tied together on RLink) is perfectly safe
IMHO, maybe PF0/PE7/PA2, maybe DBGRQ, maybe DBGACK, PB6/PA6...

and is there a need to detect the device after all? can't the other SRST
lines be an input on all variants? this way they wouldn't make a
difference...

> The schematic for the Primer2 agrees with what you said about PA5
> connecting to PB5.  Maybe somebody made an error with the Primer1 and
> just went with it.  I could guess all day, but it would do little good.
> The Primer2, since it uses SWD and not JTAG, tells us nothing about
> RTCK.

BTW what are the chances for SWD support in OpenOCD? <:

> So, to say the same thing a different way; on Primer1, PA3 is SRST and
> PA5 is NC.  On a standalone RLink, PA3 is RTCK and PA5 is SRST.  In either
> case, PB5 is connected to SRST.  Is all of that correct?

yes, details on the sch and above

> If there is no way to test which PA pin is SRST without spuriously
> asserting SRST, I'll need another way of making the identification.
> Maybe the serial code will help.  My Primer1 has "dngWNYe" followed by 8
> numeric digits.  It could be that those 7 characters contain information
> about the dongle, and might tell us which line SRST is supposed to be.
> Either that, or it's an opaque string which means nothing other than
> it's an RLink, which would be of no help for this.
 >
 > The rlink driver in OpenOCD doesn't currently provide for printing the
 > serial code, but I can certainly add something to print it when
 > debugging output is requested.  Windows users can, of course, use RIDE
 > (or its underlying tools) to get it.  So if you or someone else can
 > reply with the serial for one or more standalone RLinks, that might be
 > helpful.

if the info above in in the sch is not enough, tell me how to get that
S/N on Windows and I'll provide you with a number for two RLinks and two
Primers.

4\/3!!