+++ Zach Welch [2009-06-24 14:00 -0700]:
> On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 09:30 -0700, Zach Welch wrote:
> """
> I hereby commit myself to donating all profits recovered in the pursuit
> of OpenOCD GPL violations on my behalf to a non-profit.  I would prefer
> that the community create The OpenOCD Foundation to receive such funds
> and manage them along with the copyrights and trademarks on behalf the
> open source and free software communities.  Should forming this type of
> organization haven proven intractable, I want any recovered monies to
> fund the Free Software Foundation instead.
> """
>
> I have prepared a proposal to create The OpenOCD Foundation, which I can
> post in a new thread.

I'm not sure a project of this size needs a whole foundation of its
own. It might make more sense to look at using an institution like SPI
which provides services like keeping money in pools for projects and
legal advice, to Free Software projects. This requires little more
than asking them to accept OpenOCD and set up a pool for project monies.

Having a copyright assignment body might be useful.

Wookey
--
Principal hats:  iEndian - Balloonboard - Toby Churchill - Emdebian
http://wookware.org/