I think those questions just reflect the fact that the distributions
based on libftdi on Windows still have rough edges.  Which should be
no surprise.  Such stuff takes a bit of time to sort out.

On Monday 24 August 2009, Freddie Chopin wrote:
> >                     This is to (respectfully)
> > protest against a fundamentalist enforcement of the GPL license (as
> > opposed to being pragmatic) that has stopped the distribution of
> > OpenOCD executables linked to ftd2xx.lib

For the record, it's a misnomer to call that "fundamentalist".
There's no assertion that other licenses are inappropriate for
OTHER code; no pretense that GPL is the sole valid license to
apply to any software whatsoever.

What's there is instead just truthful and self-evident assertion
that *this* code has a specific license, which must be obeyed
like any other licence on any other code must be obeyed.  It's
pragmatic to insist that the license be obeyed, since there are
negative legal consequences to not doing so.

- Dave