Zach Welch pisze:
> You are the one creating a problem here, antagonizing those of us who
>  want to respect the GPL license by attempting to label us as
> fundamentalists.

Did I say something like that? Where? The build tutorial is not mine [;
I've just found it posted on sparkfun.

> I laugh at your obvious attempt at provocation.

Have a good laugh. I also have some good laugh resons, so let us laugh
together.

> If you have to answer questions over and over, then -- it seems quite
>  clear to me -- that your documentation fails to cover the required
> procedures in sufficient detail or clarify.  That is not our failing.
>  It is yours -- if only for failing to provide patches that answer
> the questions that you claim to be getting.

There is no "documentation" from my side - I just created the installer
and the basic "frame" for the libusb-win32 .inf files. I just don't see
any failure here. Or maybe just participating in that project is a
failure? You know that I don't need to be doing anything for the
community, so... ?

> Your attempt to blame the community for these shortcomings is
> positively unacceptable and immature, and you look like a real jerk
> from where I am sitting.

Oh, you got angry and irritated [; That's how the Windows users feel
when dealing with libusb-win32 drivers.

I'm not blaming anyone, I'm just showing you the consequence of your
decisions. Name it "the law", "we" name it with other words.

> Fix the problems.

You mean like do a release with ftd2xx.dll and post that online? <:
Sorry, I'm not capable of any other "fixes" that would satisfy your
interpretation of GPL. I'm not a PC programmer, I have no knowledge of
USB protocol, JTAG layers and so on... I'm merely just a little more
than a regular user. You, on the other hand, are ignoring the problem,
despite what you tell. Since the time of that whole mess emerging I
haven't noticed ANY movements from ANY developer to improve the
situation. From my point of view you are just waiting for the problem to
be covered in dust. And I remember you stating that the fix is
relatively easy...

> Stop whining.

Stop telling me what to do. I'm not telling you what you should do, so
just do the same for me.

> I will not ignore Windows users, unless they behave like you have.

I guess that they must have misbehaved then.

> P.S.  I don't care what the problems are, since you apparently prefer
> to bitch about them than to help to fix them.

Again (fourth time? fifth time?) - I CANNOT FIX THE PROBLEM. Believe me
- FT2232 will be withdrawn from production by the time I'll learn the
skills needed to fix that issue. Only YOU - the Developers of OpenOCD,
libusb and libftdi - can, but somehow you just don't want to.

> I am still willing to help those who help themselves.  You aren't.

I've helped myself and use my custom built OpenOCD 0.2.0 with ftd2xx.dll
<: I have no business in improving OpenOCD's popularity on the major OS
on the market. Yet, somehow I'm involved in that.

> This is the last reply you will get from me until you change your
> attitude and approach this community with more respect.

Whatever, reply or don't - your reply won't change anything in the
status quo, as there is nothing going on in that field. Name it lack of
respect, I name it "reminder about those who just use your software".

4\/3!!