On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 2:09 AM, Zach Welch<z...@superlucidity.net> wrote:
> Freddie,
>
> I appreciate all the effort that you have put into the Windows build,
> and I hope you will continue to work with the community to improve it.

I think we should all appreciate the efforts of Freddie. He could have
take off the download links altogether.

> If you have to answer questions over and over, then -- it seems quite
> clear to me -- that your documentation fails to cover the required
> procedures in sufficient detail or clarify.  That is not our failing.
> It is yours -- if only for failing to provide patches that answer the
> questions that you claim to be getting.

I will think building instructions for Windows users should be
part of the project. And it should be improved. It is not Freddie's
failure. The project team should help on this topic.

> Let me blunt:  Fix the problems.

We need to work together to fix the problem. Since it
can not be fixed in a short time, we should first improve
on the documents to mitigate the problems.

> Stop whining.  I will not ignore
> Windows users, unless they behave like you have.  Trolling is not now,
> nor will it ever be, acceptable in this community.  So knock it off.

I understand that some of the developers have stronger
views on the license topic. But we have to admit that there is a
problem.

As David mentioned: "I think those questions just reflect the fact
that the distributions based on libftdi on Windows still have rough
edges.  Which should be no surprise.  Such stuff takes a bit of time
to sort out."

So please calm down and do not be too harsh in your emails.

"Just don't shoot the messenger", as said by Nico.

--
Xiaofan http://mcuee.blogspot.com