Edgar Grimberg wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 10:50 AM, Edgar Grimberg
> <edgar.grimb...@zylin.com> wrote:
>>> Got any more info on this?  Just curious.
>
> Another type of reset issue:
>
>> reset init
> 10 kHz
> JTAG tap: str710.cpu tap/device found: 0x3f0f0f0f (mfg: 0x787, part:
> 0xf0f0, ver: 0x3)
> srst pulls trst - can not reset into halted mode. Issuing halt after reset.
> Jazelle debug entry -- BROKEN!
> Jazelle state handling is BROKEN!
> target state: halted
> target halted in Jazelle state due to debug-request, current mode: Supervisor
> cpsr: 0x010000d3 pc: 0x00000012
> 500 kHz
> NOTE! DCC downloads have not been enabled, defaulting to slow memory
> writes. Type 'help dcc'.
> NOTE! Severe performance degradation without fast memory access
> enabled. Type 'help fast'.
>
> This is not as severe, since I can resume the normal workflow even
> with this scary messages.
> Log level 3 is also on it's way...

Have you another board to try, Hitex like to externally connect SRST and
TRST. This causes issues with openocd and the str7.

I have found with the str7 that even though the core connects these two
together it is not direct.

I have tested two other vendor's boards that do not do this connection
and get no problems.

Cheers
Spen