On 09/14/2010 01:45 PM, Drasko DRASKOVIC wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 10:24 PM, Nived <nive...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> i am using openocd 0.4.0 to debug an intelmote2 device. I am able to set a
>> break point and then transfer control to that point. When i do a continue
>> (c) or a next (n) the execution returns to the same point.
>> Is there any particular reason why this may be happening ?
>> - Nived
> Hello Nived,
> I am experiencing the similar problem. I have been struggling for days
> with it and still have not found a solution, because it seems not to
> be too much explanation how the OpenOCD manages breakpoints
> internally.

This is odd.  I am using OpenOCD on a pxa270 target and I don't see this,
neither through telnet nor gdb.  Assumed this was a cache-related problem on
arm946.  Nived, intelmote2 is xscale also, correct?

Drasko, I looked at breakpoint management recently.  It's not that arcane,
though the call stack is a bit long; mostly wrapper functions:

handle_bp_command() -> handle_bp_command_set() -> breakpoint_add() ->
target_add_breakpoint()
        -> <arch>_add_breakpoint -> <arch>_set_breakpoint()

Most of the infrastructure code is in breakpoint_add(), which allocates and
populates a structure to record the breakpoint, and of course
<arch>_set_breakpoint().

Mike