On 09/15/2010 08:35 AM, Nived wrote:
> Mike,
>
> Yes, the intelmote2 is Xscale. Could it be a configuration issue then ?

Perhaps.

> I am using the default cfg files pxa270.cfg, crossbow_tech_imote2.cfg and
> olimex_arm_usb_tiny_h.cfg.

I'm using the same Olimex i/f as you (finally upgraded from parallel port
wiggler).  My "board" is a actually a Palm Treo with JTAG wires soldered on.  So
only our target boards differ, and possibly our version of OpenOCD.

Nived, I would make sure I'm running with the latest OpenOCD source from git, if
you haven't already.  Software breakpoints on xscale were fixed in the not too
distant past, and breakpoiint-related enhancements just went in the other day.
The latest change will let you see the bkpt instruction in memory (using 'mdw'
or 'arm disassemble') right after issuing the 'bp' command.

I would also experiment on the telnet interface.  If after hitting the bp, if
you remove it, then set another one on the next instruction and resume, do you
step to the next instruction?  Can you see the bkpt instruction in memory after
adding it?

Mike