On 09/15/2010 08:47 AM, Drasko DRASKOVIC wrote:

> If somebody can confirm this, than we can sign-off cache coherency as
> a problem and concentrate on a breakpoint handling.

I sent in a patch a while back to fix this very problem on the xscale; i.e.,
software breakpoints didn't work because of cache issues.  The problem was
clear: execution failed to halt on software breakpoints most of the time.  And
always if set a few instructions ahead of the current value of the pc.  Once the
code to clean and flush the cache was added, the problem went away and I haven't
seen any issues since, and I use sw breakpoints frequently.

My guess is that this is not a cache issue.  I never saw wierd behavior like
winding up at the same instruction after a step.  If I were seeing the same
problem on my target, I would guess a bug in the single-stepping code.  Since
I'm not seeing it, I'm at a loss.

Mike