On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 11:25 PM, Steve Franks <bahamasfra...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Every year or so I try openocd, and still no joy. Actually, seems the
> script and config stuff has all finally matured/stabilized, so I'll
> assume I can make it work w/o too much pain, after I fix this hang:
>
> I have a vanilla lpc2138 on an ARM-USB-OCD, that seems to fire up ok
> using the built-in configs in /usr/share/openocd.
>
> Hangs forever on write_image:
>
> steve@dystant:~/projects/clients/zonge/DNT/NT-32/firmware/arm/main$
> openocd -f openocd.cfg
> Open On-Chip Debugger 0.4.0 (2010-10-08-15:42)
> Licensed under GNU GPL v2
> For bug reports, read
>        http://openocd.berlios.de/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
> RCLK - adaptive
> jtag_nsrst_delay: 200
> jtag_ntrst_delay: 200
> srst_only srst_pulls_trst srst_gates_jtag srst_open_drain
> Info : RCLK (adaptive clock speed) not supported - fallback to 500 kHz
> Info : JTAG tap: lpc2138.cpu tap/device found: 0x4f1f0f0f (mfg: 0x787,
> part: 0xf1f0, ver: 0x4)
> Info : Embedded ICE version 4
> Info : lpc2138.cpu: hardware has 2 breakpoint/watchpoint units
> flash write_image erase unlock Main.elf 0

Two things:

0.4.0 is rather old, you may be seeing a bug that has already been fixed.
Grab the latest version from the repo and give it a try. I don't think
anyone will bother with a bug report against 0.4.0 at this point.

Post a debug log (add -d to the command line) so we can see what's going on
under the hood.

Regards,
Andreas