On Tue, Jun 24, 2003, Martin Konold wrote:

> I was always wondering why it shall make sense to let openldap depend on sasl?
> Of course it makes often sense that sasl depends on openldap.

It can be either way.

openldap may use SASL for client authentication.
SASL may use openldap as a store for passwords.

Using both at the same time leads to insanity because of circular references.
The build scripts don't support it.

I am investigating wether PHP requires to link against sasl if it
links against an openldap with sasl support.

Stay tuned :)

--
    ,eM""=.            a"-.                         Michael van Elst
   dWWMWM" -          :GM==;                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]