On Tue, Jun 24, 2003, Michael van Elst wrote:

> SASL support for OpenLDAP has been made an option. In earlier times OpenLDAP
> was always build with SASL support. I guess that's where the -lsasl2 comes
> from.

It does.

Now I have several choices:

a) always depend on sasl, wether it is required or not.
b) add an option to the apache package to require sasl (and lock against
   the with_sasl option of the openldap package).
c) patch the build process to pull in dependency_libs from the libtool
   helper file created by the openldap package.
d) create a openldap-config help tool to specify dependency_libs.

Neither looks pretty.

--
    ,eM""=.            a"-.                         Michael van Elst
   dWWMWM" -          :GM==;                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]