Bill Campbell<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 2006-02-13 23:35:10:
> I would like to suggest that any %{l_shtool} subst subsitutions don't belong
> in the %setup section, but properly belong at the beginning of the %build
> section.

I remember we put some efforts into moving almost every patch-like "shtool
subst" construct into the %prep section to complement the %patch instructions.
Besides developer's convenience I do not see a reason why automated source
tweaking should be split and partially moved outside the %prep section.
Deferring substitions to the %build section sometimes inhibits repetitive
execution via "rpm --short-circuit" which means a shift would move the paint to
a different location with no real cure.

--
Thomas
Developer Communication List                   openpkg-dev@openpkg.org