On Tue, Feb 14, 2006, Thomas Lotterer wrote:

> Bill Campbell<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 2006-02-13 23:35:10:
> > I would like to suggest that any %{l_shtool} subst subsitutions don't belong
> > in the %setup section, but properly belong at the beginning of the %build
> > section.
> >
> I remember we put some efforts into moving almost every patch-like "shtool
> subst" construct into the %prep section to complement the %patch instructions.
> Besides developer's convenience I do not see a reason why automated source
> tweaking should be split and partially moved outside the %prep section.
> Deferring substitions to the %build section sometimes inhibits repetitive
> execution via "rpm --short-circuit" which means a shift would move the paint
> a different location with no real cure.

Ok, good points. But we should complete and final list of pros and
cons about this issue as it is recurring one. I still see more points
for moving the substititions into %build, but before we make a final
decision (and then cleanup all packages according to this) it is perhaps
better to prepare a pros and cons list.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com