I agree with the discution in the mailing list, but what isnīt discused is the
requirements of apache --with_php_ldap.

I will have my credential in OpenLDAP and will uses sasl to allow postfix check
authentications against the LDAP, so just for this I build
OpenLDAP --without_sasl
sasl --with_ldap

But when I try to build apache with php_ldap (where I presume this module will
allow php to access ldap records), it requires that OpenLDAP should be build
with_sasl (as if necessarily to access openldap thru php it needs to
authenticate the access using sasl) ??

Thanks,

Alex