On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 08:40:47AM -0300, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> But when I try to build apache with php_ldap (where I presume this module will
> allow php to access ldap records), it requires that OpenLDAP should be build
> with_sasl (as if necessarily to access openldap thru php it needs to
> authenticate the access using sasl) ??

Building OpenLDAP with SASL is rarely required. It creates
a hen-and-egg problem with the usage of SASL with an LDAP
backend.

     openpkg build -Dwith_mod_php -Dwith_mod_php_openldap apache

should do the right thing regarding apache, php and ldap.
In particular it should require openldap without SASL support.

Greetings,
--
                                Michael van Elst
Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]