I donīt understand your point (or expirience).

For me, perl is just a interpretated programing languagues that is developed
independent of RH, Suse,Conectiva...

I whant to run ISPman, that use LDAP to hold ISP data and perl to mantain that
information. This project doesnīt presume that perl comes from distr A, B or C
(and I think that noone should do a propram in any language presuming that the
interpreter/compiler has been bundled by A, B or C).

I thought that being able to use the most up to date version of perl should
avoid bug or security problems corrected in newer versions (while correct
scripts should further run as the language syntax and standarts should not
change).

If I understand right you worries that some tasks of RH7.3 depends specificaly
on his perl distribution and changing /usr/bin/perl could render to problems.
Eaven I could not think where this can happen (I thought also I could upgrade
perl from the developers site independent if RH upgrades), presuming this
problems can happen with som script from RH, could I at least make the scripts
from ISPman use OpenPKG perl ?
If this sounds resonable could you point me out how to change the execution of
the main ISPman script (that invokes all other) to corretly prepare the
environment for OpenPKG ?

Thanks,

Alex

ATIX Tecnologia e Com Ltda