> >I thought that being able to use the most up to date version of perl should
> >avoid bug or security problems corrected in newer versions (while correct
> >scripts should further run as the language syntax and standarts should not
> >change).
>
> Yes, but it can also break existing scripts that depend on older versions
> of perl.  You're far better off to leave the original perl alone, letting
> existing scripts use the version they expect.  New things like ISPman can
> be built under the OpenPKG system where they will use the most current
> versions built in a consistent environment (not of of Red Hat's strong
> suits :-).

So how should I make ISPman use the OpenPKG perl ?
ISPman has about 100 perl scripts, constantly updating over cvs, and all start
with:

#!/usr/bin/perl

Can you suggest me what to do ?

Also, Ralf Engelschall replied to my environment saying thats OK just to run a
OpenPKG binary giving the full path, so coult I just use #!/opkg/bin/perl ?

I realy don't understant what is all done by /opkg/etc/rc --eval all env.
I see that the PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, MANPATH and INFOPATH are prepend with
/opkg_paths, but don't know if other things are changed.

Thanks again,

Alex--
ATIX Tecnologia e Com Ltda
Tel.: +55-(11) 4667-5900