Citando Thomas Lotterer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Thu, Aug 05, 2004, Bill Campbell wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 05, 2004, Alexander Belck wrote:
> > >Some perl scripts use #!/usr/bin/perl
> >
> I recommend you replace that with /opkg/bin/perl.
>
> > >Could I just symlink ln -s /opkg/bin/perl /usr/bin/ ?
> >
> I do not recommend replacing such a critical part of the OS with OpenPKG
> stuff. You must assume strange side effects. Last week I had to fix an
> application of mine which worked well with perl-5.8.3 but ran into a
> infinite loop with perl-5.8.4. It was neither a bug in the app nor in
> perl. It was just a subtle little intentional change in perls behavior
> where my code expected something else. Now imagine how badly you break
> many of you vendors maintenance scripts by replacing an ancient perl
> with the latest and greatest version. Do not even try.

For what can I use OpenPKG perl ? Only for scripts written by me ?
And when OpenPKG upgrades perl-5.8.5 I still can get the same problem you did.

In practice I see all scripts I get from live projects starting with:

#!/usr/bin/perl

So I can not make this projects use OpenPKG perl because my OS needs his one
version ?

When I get a project that's written in perl I mostly see as requirement
something like perl >= 5.6 or perl >= 5.8 not thinks like:
perl= perl-5.8.3_from_RH_9.0. This would restrict project usage too much.

--
ATIX Tecnologia e Com Ltda
Tel.: +55-(11) 4667-5900