On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 13:59, Michael van Elst wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 10:20:35AM -0700, David M. Fetter wrote:
>
> > rebuilt.  However, once we deploy the newly built binary rpms into our
> > repository to be pushed out to client systems the openpkg build doesn't
> > acknowledge such changes.
>
> What do you mean with "doesn't acknowledge such changes" ?

Well, in our last example problem, the installed instance of gcc was
simply a vanilla version with no additional options other than the
default.  However we needed the f77 option so we rebuilt the package on
our build server, then placed the binary in our repository.  When we
went out to the client servers, the build tools didn't see that the new
gcc version was compiled with this additional option or at least it
didn't upgrade anything or show that it needed to be upgraded.  So
seemingly the build tools aren't acknowledging the changes.

--
David M. Fetter - UNIX Systems Administrator
Portland State University - www.oit.pdx.edu