On Fri, Jun 24, 2005, Simon Mudd wrote:
>"Ralf S. Engelschall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>> On Thu, Jun 23, 2005, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>> > I have a production instalation of OpenPKG v.2.2 and couldn get time to
>> > finish
>> > upgrading to version 2.3 as I got some compilation problems with the
>> > options to
>> > apache I have running in v2.2. Now you allready released v.2.4, so I would
>> > like
>> > to know if I could "jump" one upgrade and go from v2.2 directly to v2.4.
>>
>> Yes, until now no issues are known for a direct jump between 2.2 and
>> 2.4. You just have to adjust your configuration files sligthly if
>> .rpmsave's are created. But that's always necessary, independent whether
>> you skip one release or not, of course.
>
>I've just attempted to do this with an installation and it was pretty
>painless.  I did have to update some config files and there were some
>rpms which were not available for the 2.4 release so I just took the
>latest 2.3 or current version I could find.

There may be issues with python which jumps to python-2.4.1, and many
(most) of the python modules are now options which by default are turned
OFF (e.g, Berkeley database, dbm, curses, bzip2, xmo, tkinter, locale, and
ssl).

Postgresql also has a major release upgrade to 8.0.3 from 7.4.5 so any
databases should probably be dumped before doing the upgrade.

Bill

``The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be
properly armed.''
        -- Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188