Matthias Kurz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Sat, Jun 25, 2005, Simon Mudd wrote:
>
> > ...                   I think this is a firewall issue.  Is there an
> > openpkg.org http url which can be used to reach the packages and rdf
> > files?
> >
> > [2] Since I have not seen other reports like this perhaps the problem
> > is mine alone.
>
> No, you're not alone. What OS/firewall are you using ?

At home I have a PC directly connected by a cable modem, so in theory
there should not be any problems. In the office it is more
complicated. We have a Cisco PIX firewall I think but there are
several routers in between my workstation and "the Internet" and
filtering is applied in several places.

The issue may be as simple as packet fragmentation issues (which can
often be a problem) or perhaps intentional filtering. I really need to
talk to my network department and see what is actually happening.

> For me it works, when i use ftp directly from the internet gateway, so
> i did not try to resolve this, until now. It also works, when i'm
> using rsync.

http would be more convenient and its usually quite straight forward
just to setup. However I ought to investigate further so I can
determine what the real cause is (and then determine who needs to fix
it).

Regards,

Simon