"Ralf S. Engelschall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[snip]
> > I've just attempted to do this with an installation and it was pretty
> > painless.  I did have to update some config files and there were some
> > rpms which were not available for the 2.4 release so I just took the
> > latest 2.3 or current version I could find.
>
> Btw, at least _ALL_ CORE and BASE packages which were part of OpenPKG
> 2.3 are also part of OpenPKG 2.4 as we've not kicked out any packages
> (our general policy prevents this in orde to avoid breaks in the upgrade
> path). So I guess the packages were you didn't find a 2.4 version were
> CURRENT packages only, right? Or were there any 2.3 packages which are
> now no longer in 2.4, except for PLUS class packages (which always go in
> and out on demand)?

I need to correct what I said before.

The packages I needed were in 2.4.

I have been downloading the packages manually[1] from
ftp://ftp.openpkg.org and had not noticed the PLUS
subdirectory. Therefore I had not seen the packages I was missing
(amavisd and clamav) which were in the SRC/PLUS directory. (I had just
been looking in SRC).

That said I have been having issues with accessing ftp.openpkg.org by
ftp from inside my company network. It appears that
Therefore I correct my previous statement: the packages were available
- user error meant I did not find them.

Simon

[1] I should have used openpkg-tools to automatically get the required
packages (and dependencies) but I have been having issues with
accessing ftp.openpkg.org by ftp[2] from inside my company network
(and also from home). I think this is a firewall issue.  Is there an
openpkg.org http url which can be used to reach the packages and rdf
files?

[2] Since I have not seen other reports like this perhaps the problem
is mine alone.