Torsten Homeyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 21, 2006, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> >> [...]
> >> Thus I am suggesting the following patch (only minimally tested).
> [...]
> >> +    { ! ps -elf|grep postfix/m[a]ster >/dev/null  2>&1 && \
> >> +      /kolab/libexec/postfix/master -t >/dev/null 2>&1 ; } || \
> >> +                                                  postfix_active="yes"
> [...]
> > "ps -elf" is not portable enough. Better would be something
> > like a "kill -0 `cat master.pid`".
>
> And there my be more than one OpenPKG instance with a running Postfix
> on a given system.
> Just my two cents....

Or someone may be using the native postfix and not want to start or use
the OpenPKG version[1].

If you are going to test for the postfix process in the process list
please check it is the one you expect (the OpenPKG postfix master),
not just "any postfix master" process before you decide to kill it.

Simon

[1] I use my own Postfix RPMs on RHEL with OpenPKG
amavis/clamav/spamassassin as they are updated more frequently than
the vendor's own packages.