Am Dienstag, 21. März 2006 12:47 schrieb Torsten Homeyer:
> Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 21, 2006, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> >> [...]
> >> Thus I am suggesting the following patch (only minimally tested).
>
> [...]
>
> >> +    { ! ps -elf|grep postfix/m[a]ster >/dev/null  2>&1 && \
> >> +      /kolab/libexec/postfix/master -t >/dev/null 2>&1 ; } || \
> >> +                                                  postfix_active="yes"
>
> [...]
>
> > "ps -elf" is not portable enough. Better would be something
> > like a "kill -0 `cat master.pid`".

Ralf,
Talking about shell portability, you probably know a lot more than I do.
I have looked up POSIX for "ps" and -elf are posix options.
BTW: Do you have a reference where such shell portability issues are written
down?

> And there my be more than one OpenPKG instance with a running Postfix on
> a given system.

Yes!
It is a lot better to precisely look for the one postfix process we want,
Ralf suggestion does this.

Thanks!