Douglas E. Engert wrote:
Can the SC_APDU_FLAGS_CHAINING be used to do this?
In the piv_general_io routine in card-piv.c I have a large buffer,
and set the  resp.le = max_recv_size (256 for the PIV), but
resp.resplen = buffer size, that is greater the max_recv_size.

I don't think so, the code isn't generic enough (and for sending
IIRC, not receiving).

we have code in read_* functions to read part by part and assemble
that into one blob. we can implement the same in card-flex.c with
get_response, to get the response in small chunks and then
return it in one buffer (e.g. a 256 byte signature, but get it from
the card in smaller chunks).

ludovic: does pcsc know about the limitation of the ccid readers?
does it expose this to opensc, so we can set max_recv/send_size
accordingly? or is there any other mechanism that already takes
care of the problem?

thanks for your help.

Regards, Andreas