Hello Jean-Michel,
On 11.01.2010, at 15:52, Jean-Michel Pouré wrote:
> * I would like to add a page with dummy certificates on the wiki. One
> root CA, one secondary CAs and several certs. So that users only have to
> download them to test command lines. Would you favor that ?
For pure test purposes, it would be OK, but for generic educational purposes I
would suggest making YetAnotherSelfSignedSnakeOilOpenSSLCAGenerationGuide which
the user could just copy-paste.

> * pkcs11-tool and pkcs15-init have some common tools. For example, it is
> possible to generate an RSA key. But I could not find information about
> pkcs11-tool on the wiki. Is pkcs11-tool deprecated?
Definitely not. You might find glitches and shortcomings with pkcs11-tool but
that would just benefit OpenSC as we could see the problems and fix them.

> * Until now, my attempts to transfer a key to a smartcard did not
> succeed (Feitian cards).
>
> For example, I tried:
> pkcs15-init -S foobar.pkcs12 -f PKCS12 --auth-id 01 --pin 0000
> --insecure --passphrase "XXXXXX"
Why don't you want to generate the keys on the card? Under normal circumstances
that's the thing smart cards are for.

Why do you mix --auth-id and --insecure? Is the auth-id 01 required to import a
key?

> but it failed with error messages.
>
> Importing 1 certificates:
>  0: /C=FR/L=Paris/O=Foobar organisation/CN=Foobar secondary 1024 CA
> pkcs15-init: card-entersafe.c:1047: entersafe_encode_bignum: Assertion
> `0' failed.
> Aborted
I don't know the entersafe code wether this is a problem in entersafe code or a
glitch with data generated by pkcs15-init. Please send a longer log.

> Is pkcs15-init fully working? Or is it a Feitian card issue or me not
> fully understanding what is possible to do?
pkcs15-init is fully working. The failing assert comes from entersafe (feitian)
driver code.

--
Martin Paljak
http://martin.paljak.pri.ee