Hi Martin;

The TCOS driver marks the user PIN as unblocking PIN [3], which I believe is
> incorrect (only PUK should have the unblocking code flag set)
>
> The attached patch should fix this. Peter, please add your comment.

PKCS#15-spec says:

PinAttributes.pinFlags: This field signals whether the PIN:
> - is an unblockingPin (ISO/IEC 7816-8: resetting code), meaning
> that this PIN may be used for unblocking purposes, i.e. to reset
> the retry counter of the related authentication object to its initial
> value;

TCOS-cards have 4 PINs, i.e. PIN, PUK, PIN1 and PIN2. If PIN is blocked it
may by unblocked by PUK. If PIN1 or PIN2 are blocked they may be unblocked
by PIN. So PIN is both a regular PIN (i.e. protects certain objects) and an
unblockingPIN with respect to PIN1 and PIN2.

For this reason I set the unblocking-flag for PIN as PIN MAY be used to
unblock other PINs.

Of course it will do absolutely no harm if the unblocking-flag will be
removed from PIN.

pkcs15-tcos.c does not support  the newest TCOS3-cards [1] and I will commit
a new version this weekend. The new version will set the unblocking-flag for
PUK only.

[1]
http://www.opensc-project.org/pipermail/opensc-user/2010-July/004195.html

Peter