Hello,
On Sep 17, 2010, at 1:02 AM, Peter Koch wrote:
> TCOS-cards have 4 PINs, i.e. PIN, PUK, PIN1 and PIN2. If PIN is blocked it
> may by unblocked by PUK. If PIN1 or PIN2 are blocked they may be unblocked by
> PIN. So PIN is both a regular PIN (i.e. protects certain objects) and an
> unblockingPIN with respect to PIN1 and PIN2.
> For this reason I set the unblocking-flag for PIN as PIN MAY be used to
> unblock other PINs.
>
> Of course it will do absolutely no harm if the unblocking-flag will be
> removed from PIN.
For that specific card, only PIN and PUK were present, so probably the
pkcs15-tcos.c code could conditionally set the flag if other PIN codes are
present.

> pkcs15-tcos.c does not support  the newest TCOS3-cards [1] and I will commit
> a new version this weekend. The new version will set the unblocking-flag for
> PUK only.
The improvement in OpenSC PKCS#11 module could be not just ignoring PINs with
unblocking capabilities but checking if the slot would contain other objects.
--
Martin Paljak
@martinpaljak.net