Hello,
On Sep 18, 2010, at 7:56 PM, Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE wrote:
> Le vendredi 17 septembre 2010 à 22:00 +0200, Peter Stuge a écrit :
>>
>> I was at FOSDEM last year and had a great time. It was really
>> difficult to manage to spend time with everyone I would have liked
>> to, while at the event. The evenings are also important to plan a
>> little. We had a coreboot devroom last year and a couple of coreboot
>> people went for dinner and drinks; one of the few times a couple of
>> developers have managed to actually meet.
>
> Could you describe us what is devroom?

Check out FOSDEM website [1]

I would suggest a theme "Security / cryptography and hardware keys". It would
not be OpenSC specific but should be interesting and relevant to several
projects.
Smart cards are most often used in PKI setups and the I (infrastructure) is
very important part of the whole picture.

As OpenSC really provides just one piece of the puzzle, it would be necessary
to communicate with other possible participants (projects) beforehand. The
number of projects that could be interested in this devroom theme could be as
long as ... how many software do you know that supports specifying a "KeyFile
....; CertificateFile...;" stanza in their configuration files? Hardware like
smart cards is often neglected by OSS developers, because "traditionally" it
belongs to the "government/military/healthcare/corporate" world that has little
to do with "true" open source. To "fix" this, collaboration as well as
education and PR is necessary. Not everything    fits into a devroom.

Also, NSS Shared DB [2] [3] could be relevant topic.

The deadline for a devroom proposal is 2010-10-16. I see the agenda of the
devroom much broader than what could be delivered in a talk or demoed at a
stand. So the different objectives should be handled separately.

I created a wiki page for this particular event [4]. Please add yourself if
you're a potential visitor and if you can provide help in organizing necessary
tasks. Ideas for sub-events are also welcome.

[1] http://fosdem.org/2011/call_for_devrooms
[2] https://wiki.mozilla.org/NSS_Shared_DB
[3] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraCryptoConsolidation
[4] http://www.opensc-project.org/opensc/wiki/FOSDEM2011