Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE wrote:
> > > Could you describe us what is devroom?
> > Check out FOSDEM website [1]
>
> Okay, a devroom is a presentation room, with VGA projector. The
> assistance connects using wifi.
>
> But then how is called the small classroom where you can do some
> training? Does it still exist at FOSDEM?
>
> Or is it a devroom?

There are many different sizes for devrooms. One devroom has one
particular topic/project for one day, and is meant as a way to meet
old and new developers, and boost the project. Yes, at least some
devrooms (if not all) are classrooms with a projector, but if it is
really beneficial for the project then I think they could also be
used for a workshop at least part of the day. Usually there's a lot
of stuff to present though. :)

FOSDEM is a developer meeting, so any training would be developer
training. I think FOSDEM and a few other conferences in Europe are
unique opportunities to attract developers who already understand
open source very well, and are already active contributors in some
project(s). That said, I am convinced that developers love a show as
much as the next guy! :)

The number of visitors at FOSDEM has grown over the last years and
the venue is actually too small now, but I think it's difficult or
impossible to find a better one which is still as practical. The
visitor pressure means that a casual training classroom without an
agenda of presentations may be considered too inefficient to receive
any resources.

//Peter