Hi,

Andre Zepezauer wrote:
> in my opinion the usage of OpenSSL in libopensc.so should be removed
> altogether. If cryptography is needed by some cards (i.e. for
> initialisation/personalisation), then this should be done by dedicated
> tools. CardOS is a good example. It requires encrypted APDU:s for the
> delete_MF and create_MF commands. This is done by cardos-tool, which has
> to be executed only before personalisation. Looking at the code of
> entersafe, gpk and oberthur I came to the conclusion, that a similar
> approach could work for these drivers too.
>
> If parsing of certificates is the reason for using OpenSSL, then the
> missing functionality of pkcs15-cert.c should be determined and
> corresponding tickets should be created.

As for me, libopensc.so, and especially pkcs15init, should keep the
access to the cryptography.

It concerns parsing of certificates: to get public key, subject DN,
issuer DN, serial,
(it's in the x509CertificateAttributes).
The same about RSA parsing: get public key, get modulus.
SHA1 to calculate the object IDs of the Mozilla and rfc2459 styles.
Symmetric cryptography is needed for Secure Messaging .

> Kind Regards
> Andre Zepezauer

Kind wishes,
Viktor Tarasov.