Hello,
On Jan 11, 2011, at 4:50 PM, Jan Just Keijser wrote:
> I've been reading this discussion and a question comes to mind.
>
> The Feitian cards work with the OpenSC driver
> The Feitian cards also work with the proprietary driver from Feitian
> itself, in a way that is almost 100% compatible with OpenSC.
> How did the Feitian driver writers achieve this compatibility? Is their
> driver perhaps based on OpenSC code, or did they merely follow the
> specifications? If it *is* based on the OpenSC codebase, then what about
> GPL licencing?
>
> Just a thought,
OpenSC should strive for PKCS#15, which is a public spec and which should be an
encouraged standard to any other software vendor.
The card is proprietary, so the functioning of the code in OpenSC is hard to
judge from basic review, what it does and how it related to "pure" PKCS#15 (and
ISO-7816-X) etc.
I don't see (at least obvious) signs of OpenSC code re-use inside the Windows
CSP, based on strings.

But thanks for bringing up the subject, I just reviewed the CSP binary and
there *is* one licensing problem with it:
The CSP makes use of "OpenSSL 0.9.8j 07 Jan 2009" without mentioning it
anywhere in the documentation or website, as it is (AFAIK) required by the
OpenSSL license.

--
@MartinPaljak.net
+3725156495