From: Douglas E. Engert [mailto:deeng...@anl.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2011 5:47 PM
To: OpenSC-devel
Cc: Brian Thomas; François Leblanc
Subject: Proposed cardmod patch

Attached is a patch to the cardmod code to do the following:

(1) Fix an uninitialized stricture by  by using calloc
     in stead of malloc. With out this it was having problems
     with checking the status on the reader.

(2) Implement a change that this should work for Brian Thomas
     that allows one to not detect the reader when creating
     the sc_context. This uses the
     SC_CONTEXT_PARAM_DONT_DETECT_READERS flag in the ctx_params

     (The more I think about this, this should be the default
     to not detect the readers during the sc_create_ctx, as
     a flag on opensc.conf could control this instead.)

   (2) Eliminate the storing of the SCARDCONTEXT and SCARDHANDLE
     in the registry. Instead, cardmod.c will store them
     in its VENDOR_SCPECIFIC structure, call sc_context_create
     with the SC_CONTEXT_PARAM_DONT_DETECT_READERS flag set
     in the ctx_params. It will then modify the ctx,
     and then call sc_ctx_detect_readers that will call the
     cardmod code in reader-pcsc.c that will use the SCARDCONTEXT
     and SCARDHANDLE.

I can get this to work in Vista with certutil -SCinfo, but there is some issue
as is says it can not open the key. I think this is an issue with using a 39
character key container name and a constant for a serial number.

It does not work with login or runas. This may be the same issue with after
reading the certificate, it is not registering the container so it can be used
later.

The patch is against 0.12.0. and was built on Ubuntu.

I would hope Brian and François could look this over to see if it should be
committed.

--

  Douglas E. Engert  <deeng...@anl.gov>
  Argonne National Laboratory