Le lundi 25 avril 2011 à 22:53 +0200, NdK a écrit :
> pkcs15-tool -D
> should list 'em all, or not?

A dump, oh sure, in hexadecimal or better binary.
:)

On the same vein:

--list-public-keys
does not read public keys derived from RSA private keys.

--read-public-key <arg>
reads public keys derived from RSA private keys.

--read-ssh-key
reads public keys derived from RSA private keys.

All this is confusing for users. At present, --list-public-keys fails to
locate all usable keys. Unless you are an expert, you cannot know that.
And pkcs15-tool should not be only for experts.

I still believe that pkcs15-tool --list-public-keys
is a commitment to list all RSA keys usable as public keys. Maybe a
switch should indicate "independent object" or "virtual object" when
derived from a private key. This is only an idea.

Tell me what I should do. If users really need to read dumps, I will ask
them to read dumps. No kidding this time.

Kind regards,